Medical Supplies Technician Job in Kernersville, NC – Department of Veterans Affairs
The United States government is a massive employer and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open positions in locations across the country. Below is a summary of qualifications for an active and open Department of Veterans Affairs job listing. The opening is for a Medical Supply Technician in Kernersville, NC. Feel free to browse this job posting and any other job postings and contact us with any questions!
Medical Supplies Technician – Kernersville, NC
Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 559402 Start date: 01/17/2022 End date: 01/26/2022
Summary of Qualifications
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA policy. English Language Proficiency: The Medical Supplies Technician must be proficient in spoken and written English as per Chapter 3, Section A, paragraph 3j. Experience: One year of experience demonstrating the candidate’s ability to perform the job or providing an understanding of the job. Education: High school diploma or equivalent. GS-06 (full performance level):
Including the above.
Experience: One year of experience equivalent to the next higher level.
Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities. In addition to the above experience, the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs:
1. Knowledge of surgical instruments used in operating rooms and clinics.
2. Knowledge of universal safety precautions and prevention of cross-contamination.
3. Working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, microbiology, medical conditions and procedures.
4. Knowledge of sterility principles as they relate to instrumentation.
5. Ability to read and interpret written instructions and procedures. This is the full performance level for the profession. Receives Contaminated Critical and Semi-Critical RMEs in the Decontamination Zone and can also receive non-critical equipment in the Decontamination Zone. Disassembles the RME and determines the appropriate cleaning method, such as, but not limited to, ultrasonic cleaners, mechanical washers, cart washers, and chemical cleaning/decontamination agents, according to manufacturer’s instructions. Inspects, assembles and determines the proper method and packaging for sterilization, such as but not limited to steam, Sterrad, Steris and high-level disinfection reprocessors. Performs and documents daily operational checks and logs all sterilization equipment. References: VA HANDBOOK 5005/83 PART II APPENDIX G47 Physical Requirements: You must be able to meet the physical demands of the position. In performing the duties of this job, the Medical Supplies Technician often has to stand, walk, bend and reach out. Must be able to lift and/or move over 50 lbs. Must have good manual dexterity and keyboard skills. Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of speech. Must be able to view and read information on computer screens.
If you would like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone is free to apply!
Post a job on LemonWire. Email email@example.com.
Want to advertise on ads like this? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.